Metal Detector (Kit)
Buy 10, Get 5% Off!
Buy 100, Get 10% Off!
30-day money-back guarantee
Free Shipping in the U.S. on Orders over $50
Buy now and choose from several shipping methods.
To come up against an electric cable while drilling a hole in a wall can have catastrophic consequences. Likewise, drilling into gas, water pipes or central heating pipes can be extremely hazardous. With a handy metal detector it can now be determined beforehand whether there are metal objects to be found in a wall, ceiling or floor. An LED indicates if a metal object is in the vicinity. If an audio signal is also desired, space has been provided on the PCB for buzzer type SV4/12-S to be connected. The PCB has been specially constructed to fit entirely into to the separately available box type G407.
- avoid disasters when drilling holes in walls
- locate pipes, cables, metal studs, …
- great project for novices
- your own unique application
- push button operation
- metal detecting distance adjustable: up to 3.15"
- power supply: 9V battery (not incl.)
- LED indication
- 12VDC-buzzer connection (buzzer not included)
- dimensions: 2.2" x 2.5"
- If you experience difficulties with the calibration of the unit (ie if the LED doesn't turn off, when there isn't any metal present ), replace C1 with a ceramic 1.2nF (122) capacitor. This behaviour is due to a spread on the component values and differences created when winding the coils.
- For those wanting an audible signal, space is provided on the print for connecting a buzzer type SV4/12-S. The small PCB has been specially designed to be incorporated into the separately available casing type G407.